Friday, December 28, 2007

Daily Snooze article on gun crime

I usually just read The Economist for my weekly news reports, but occasionally I'll peek a look at the Daily News or NY Post. Just a few minutes ago Paul called me up and told me to take a look at this Gunplay plagues two Brooklyn nabes article.

From the piece:

"We don't just need more police around here. We need a goddamn army," said Ruckle, who lives in Bed-Stuy.

I'd be more than happy to oblige. In fact I'm going to go call up Joe right now and see if we can't transfer a few more task force guys with 15-20 years on the job into the 79 and 71 to walk foot posts. I figure we can keep playing the public by just shifting around whatever resources we still have.

Mike once said this is basically the same principle that made him successful in business. He calls it "readjusting opinion and the prospective outlook of your organization through creative accounting of resources." Quite a mouthful. But he's a corporate business type, so I'm sure he knows what he's saying. He also said it was a good call to have the Department pay for the night sights. He figures at the new graduates' pay rate that $60 they'll be saving should cause them to stay on for one more week before quitting, which will give us an extra "productivity boost." He came in with a PowerPoint presentation and everything. Pretty smart guy.

No comments: