Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Good riddance to the morons

Joe just brought in the latest resignation list. I almost spilled my coffee all over the morning paper. These idiots are quitting before even hitting the streets.

I'm sorry, but if you go through six months of academy training and then quit before even finishing the orientation days, you're a moron. I'm not even saying this because we need those C summonses to be issued to keep a lid on quality-of-life conditions. I mean good grief. They graduated on Thursday, spent the next day sitting around doing nothing productive, got the weekend off, had to do the New Year's detail (my, what difficult work) and then spent another day sitting around again.

Yet some of these retards are resigning already. I just had to find out what the reason for this kind of brainless behavior is, so I had Charlie "obtain" (don't ask) a page from the private journal of one of the rooks in question:

----

12/27/07: wowz its grajeuashion omg lolz im so ixsited!!!
12/28/07: OMFG!!!! BROOKLYN NORTH???!?!? WTF!?!? IM SO SCARED!!!! OMG I CANT DOO THIS!!
12/29/07: RDO sat partiez wit friendz
12/30/07: RDO sun more partiez wit friendz
12/31/07: OMG so stressful 13 HOURS in TIMES SQUARE. OMG so much work!
1/1/08: omg they talked about working LATE NIGHT?!?!? OMG WTF?!?! they said we WILL BE OUT ON FOOT?!?!? NO CAR?!?!? WTF?!?! I CANT WORK A FOOT POST IN THE STREET OMFG ITS SOOOOO SCARY OUT THERE OMG CRIMINALS WITH GUNS, OMFG IM GOING TO RESIGN F*%@ THIS NYPD S&*T!!!!!

----

I've seen quite a few morons on this job but these latest dumb-asses really take the cake.

Now I think here is something we can all agree on: if you take a new job, give it a shot for at least, I don't know, a few months before you up and quit without having even flipping done the job in the first place.

Although, frankly, if someone is that much of a loser or coward, then I say good riddance to these particular clowns. Seriously. What a disgrace.

Note: I promised Mike I wouldn't blame this situation on the measly starting salary and atrociously uncompetitive top base pay, which I do, so I hereby officially won't. Mike is worried about his upcoming presidential campaign bid and the PERB hearings and all that business-ish stuff he does, so I wouldn't want to generate any bad press for him by blaming this squarely on his inept negotiating tactics. So, again, it's not Mike's fault.

No comments: